We’d like to help support your communication activities regarding the Global Vision discussion – let the world know about your engagement! In this file you’ll find examples of draft communications to use in your own campaigns, but you are encouraged to be creative and adaptive to better meet the needs of your specific regional community. It is important to utilize a variety of communication channels in order to reach as many people as possible to spread the message and engage participants.
Please read these instructions carefully. A package of materials can be downloaded below in different language versions.
When carrying out communication activities, be sure you use the IFLA Global Vision title and the #iflaGlobalVision hashtag.
Add the IFLA Global Vision discussion banner on your website to help spread the news about the initiative and build engagement. The banner is included in the downloadable package.
When inviting people to the discussion you may want to use the template included in the package. The information used in this file (especially the description of the project) can be used for other communications or promotional activities, such as press releases etc. This will help you to stay on message and to keep communications consistent.
Laptop, projector, Internet connectivity, flipcharts, markers, notepads, pens, post-its – ready. Anything else? You may want to use signage to promote and to help participants locate the place where your discussion is held. The template is also part of the communications package – just fill in the dots with any information that may be useful for your audience.
Also, please make sure that participants (as well as organizers and a facilitator) take a photo with the claim “Together we create the future” in your own language and upload it on your Instagram account using the #iflaGlobalVision hashtag. The templates in IFLA’s seven languages are available in the package.
Below you will find communications package in the following languages:
Stay in touch!
Before, during and after the meeting you can take the following actions:
- Share news about activities going on in your community and/or country using the #iflaGlobalVision hashtag
- Take a photo with the claim Together we create the future in your own language and upload it on your Instagram account using the #iflaGlobalVision hashtag
- Follow @IFLA on Twitter and engage with IFLA on Facebook, to stay up to date with the Global Vision discussion-related work done by IFLA
- Send news, photos or stories from your discussions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stay tuned to IFLA’s activities and subscribe to our discussion list